Hey guys! What's up? It's Alex. Welcome back. This is part two of me making the ultimate pasta machine.
If you remember when, in the first part, I ordered a contraption straight from a factory in China.
It did arrive all the way to LE STUDIO, but it came in pieces, so
I had to fix it. Which i sure did but this time it's not about this. It's about improving that machine.
Spoiler alert! I will, also be sharing a, fully customized, fully automatic, fully available,
online noodle recipe courtesy of....
You know. Anyway...
Easy-peasy all the way to nighttime anxiety, these are
my improvements. One: the machine came almost naked, so I added a small wooden board beneath it, but I think we can
do better. Now I'm using stainless steel on a wider or longer board
To improve the stability I'm also adding rubber feet to prevent that thing from, you know, wiggling around.
Now it's stable. Next: the thickness settings.
The old knobs were too small, which is shameful especially when you want to enjoy that analog part. And also it's not bold enough
So I am improving that with bigger and more ergonomic-friendly, knobs and also longer setting screws
And that is accuracy !
Okay next in terms of you know feeding situation:
So a bit suggestive but not super effective. Again I'm using a sheet of metal, measured, bent a few times
Never know when the baking steel will come in handy
Secure it in place with a few screws and there you have it a proper dough feeder.
*Shing* I'm also adding a big notch at the end of it in order to fit a wooden roller. That's efficiency!
Next: ah yeah, the noodle knife locking mechanism sucked big time
That small tab was literally placed at the worst location ever.
Like diametrically opposed to the point where all the forces are concentrated
No, honestly it's the worst. So instead that's where you need to secure a contact
And that is where we are gonna do it. Two screws, one latch.
Next: So in the first part, somebody suggested in the comments that controlling the electric motor with
my foot would be badass, and me, stupid, agreed. I mean of course I agreed. Like, what could possibly, go wrong
Let me just show you what i wanted to do...
I wanted to do this. This is the machine with a belt to be connected to the motor, connected to a controller connected to the foot petal in order to connect to the transformer which would be powered by a socket in the wall
It's not super cheap. It requires a bit of soldering but at the end I should be getting a nice *vroom* *vroom* *vroom*
It would work a bit like like the sewing machine... Sewing machine. It's funny
Huh! A sewing....
So uh, I just got for only ten bucks this ! A second hand sewing machine. Not in mint condition. But the seller ensured me
that the electric motor and the foot pedal were okay. So I thought
Oh la la...Here i am
getting the specific motor would be the most
difficult job in this process. I'm such a fool. And now this is me from the future and let
me tell you for this one, I have been over hills and valleys : Foolish excitement and brutal disappointment
So it wasn't easy but i slowly, did overcome all those challenges like one by one
Just to get to THAT moment...
*motor buzzes, stalling*
So that's right even through two successive gear reductions the sewing machine motor was unable to