B1 中級 16 分類 收藏
開始影片後,點擊或框選字幕可以立即查詢單字
字庫載入中…
回報字幕錯誤
>> Greg: IN 1964
"THE NEW YORK TIMES" ENDORSED A
DEMOCRAT FOR PRESIDENT.
IN 1968, ALSO, '72, '76, '80,
'92, '96.
2015.
DEMS, DEMS, DEMS.
WHAT A SHOCK THAT TODAY THEY
ENDORSED A DEMOCRAT.
TWO DEMOCRATS.
IN CASE ONE GETS A FLAT, WE HAVE
A SPARE.
THAT'S THE TIME'S DEFINITION OF
BREAKING WITH CONVENTION AND
DOUBLING DOWN ON THE SAME OLD,
SAME OLD.
THAT'S HOW THE MEDIA GATEKEEPERS
SEE THE WORLD.
THE ONLY CHOICES AVAILABLE COME
FROM A WIDE RANGE OF LEFTISTS.
DO YOU GO LEFT, REALLY LEFT OR
REALLY, REALLY LEFT?
YOU NEVER GO RIGHT BECAUSE THAT
WOULD BE EVIL.
THEY PICKED HER TRADITIONAL
LIBERAL AND A LEFTIST WHO MAKES
CHE GUEVARA LOOK LIKE BARRY
GOLDWATER.
IT'S REALLY ABOUT BERNIE.
IT'S ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE
MEDIA ELBOWING SANDERS OUT OF
THE WAY.
AFTER CNN'S HIT JOB ON THE
DEBATE AND THEN THERE'S JOY REI
JOY REID.
>> I THINK BERNIE IS LYING.
HE IS SLOUCHING FORWARD ANYWAY
BUT HERE HE CHORTLES.
IF YOU LOOK AT HIS EYE LEVEL
WHERE HE NORMALLY ANSWERS A
QUESTION, WHEN HE MAKES THE
DENIAL, HIS SHOULDERS COME UP.
HIS EYE LEVEL IS BELOW IS HIS
SHOULDERS.
LIARS LIKE TO START WITH WELL.
HE LOOKS AWAY, LAUGHS.
IF HE SET IT WHICH I HE DID IT
WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER TO OWN IT.
>> Greg: POWERFUL STUFF.
JOY HIRING A LIE DETECTOR.
IT'S LIKE CHARLIE SHEEN HIRING A
DRUG SNIFFING DOG.
MEMBER THOSE POSTS WERE THE
PRODUCT OF A HACK.
IT'S CLEAR THE ESTABLISHED MEDIA
IS DECIDING WHO THEY WANT AND
DON'T AND MAKING SURE EVERYONE
FALLS IN LINE.
THEY LOOK AT THE COUNTRY AND
INCENTIVE SING A STRONG
PROSPEROUS ECONOMY THE -- THEY
SEE THEMSELVES OUT OF POWER.
THE GOOD NEWS IS YOU SEE THE
MEDIA'S DISTASTE FOR YOU OUT
THERE IN THE OPEN.
PLEASE DON'T RETURN THE FAVOR
AND CALL THEM A HACK.
THAT WOULD BE MEAN.
>> Jesse: THAT WAS A GOOD
MONOLOGUE.
>> Greg: THANK YOU.
I WILL GO TO YOU FIRST, JESSE.
>> Jesse: I NEVER KNEW THAT
WAS HOW TO GET YOU TO GO TO ME
FIRST.
[LAUGHTER]
>> Greg: TO PICK TWO OPPOSITES
ON THE LIBERAL SPECTRUM.
>> Jesse: I DON'T CARE WHO
"THE NEW YORK TIMES" ENDORSES.
I CARE FOR "THE NEW YORK POST"
ENDORSES.
I DON'T THINK THESE ENDORSEMENTS
MEAN ANYTHING.
I THINK BACK IN THE DAY, UNION
ENDORSEMENTS DID WHEN THE MOB --
I SHOULDN'T SAY MOB.
WHEN THE UNION BOSS TOLD THE
WORKERS WHO DEVOTE FOR BUT EVEN
THEN I THINK NOW THIS IS MORE
INSIDE BASEBALL.
IT'S LIKE THE BACHELOR.
YOU'RE AT THE FINAL ROSE
CEREMONY AND HE GIVES TO ROSES
DUE TO WOMEN.
IT'S BITTERSWEET.
YOU HAVE TO BE THINKING OKAY, I
WILL LET THE GUY PUT A RING ON
MY FINGER BUT IT JUST DOESN'T
FEEL RIGHT.
NO ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT'S A
SECOND-TIER CANDIDATE LUMPED IN
WITH THE FIRST, LIZ WARREN HAS
TO BE THINKING REALLY?
DOESN'T FEEL GOOD.
THE WAY THEY KIND OF SCREWED
OVER BERNIE SANDERS, I THINK
THAT WAS REALLY WRONG.
THEY SAID BERNIE'S MOMENT HAD
PASSED.
>> Greg: AND HE HAD A HEART
ATTACK.
THEY BROUGHT THAT UP.
>> Jesse: THEY BROUGHT UP AMY.
SHE'S NEVER HAD AN ENDORSEMENT
OR MOVEMENT.
THIS BRINGS ME TO A PERSONAL
STORY.
LAST NIGHT IN THE ELEVATOR IN MY
BUILDING, ABOUT TO CLOSE, THE
ARM GOES THROUGH, THREE
BERNIE SANDERS SUPPORTERS COME
INTO MY ELEVATOR.
THEY ALL HAVE THE BERNIE 2020
T-SHIRTS, THEY BEEN OUT
CANVASSING, THE WOMAN SAYS I
KNOW HEALER.
I TEND SOME BUT I GET NERVOUS.
A LOT OF THAT TIME IT'S NOT A
GOOD THING.
SHE GOES I DON'T AGREE WITH
ANYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN,
ANYTHING YOU SAY BUT I RESPECT
THE OPPOSITION AND AS A MATTER
OF FACT, YOU GUYS, MEETING
FOX NEWS, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN
FAIR TO BERNIE.
I SAID BERNIE'S GETTING SCREWED,
JUST LIKE TRUMP DID.
SHE GOES YOU KNOW WHAT, WHEN
THEY SCREAM OVER AGAIN, THEY
THEY SCREAM OVER AGAIN, WHEY
THEY SCREAM OVER AGAIN, WEEY
THEY SCREAM OVER AGAIN, WE ARE
GOING TO DO WHAT WE DID LAST
TIME AND VOTE FOR TRUMP.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
OR CALLED MY REAL ESTATE AGENT
AND I SET I LIVE IN A
BERNIE SANDERS BUILDING?
I MADE A CALL.
>> Greg: DO YOU THINK THE
TIMES MESSAGE, IT'S NOT JUST
ABOUT BERNIE, IT'S ABOUT JOE.
NO OLD WHITE MAN.
NOT GOING TO WORK.
>> Juan: I THOUGHT IT WAS A
SILLY THING TO DO BASICALLY
BECAUSE EVERYBODY GETS ONE VOTE,
RIGHT?
YOU GET ONE CANDIDATE.
THEY SHOULD'VE PICKED ONE
CANDIDATE.
I WOULD AGREE THAT I DON'T THINK
NEWSPAPER ENDORSEMENTS MEAN AS
MUCH AS THEY USED TO BUT THEY DO
HAVE SOME MEANING.
I THINK LOCAL PAPERS,
DES MOINES, IOWA, FOR EXAMPLE, I
THINK "THE REGISTER" IS GOING TO
HAVE MORE IMPACT ON THE CAUCUSES
THAN THIS BUT I ALSO THINK THAT
WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE OPPORTUNITY
THEY HAD BETWEEN THE FAR LEFT AS
REPRESENT BY BERNIE AND THE MORE
CENTRIST POSITIONS REPRESENTED
BY KLOBUCHAR, BIDEN AND THE
LIKE.
BERNIE VERSUS BIDEN ESSENTIALLY
MADE DIDN'T MAKE A CHOICE THERE.
TO ME THEY LOST AN OPPORTUNITY
BECAUSE THAT'S THE BIG FIGHT
WITHIN THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
RIGHT NOW.
IF THEY HAD SOME PLEA PICKED
KLOBUCHAR OR WARREN, IT WOULD
HAVE GIVEN ADDED ATTENTION IN
TERMS OF THE MEDIA SPOTLIGHT TO
ONE CANDIDATE.
NOW IT'S KIND OF DIFFUSE AND AS
A RESULT, DOESN'T HAVE THE
PUNCH, EVEN THE LIMITED PUNCH
THE YOU DESCRIBE, JESSE, FOR
ANYBODY.
>> Greg: WHAT YOU THINK OF
EMILY?
>> Emily: NEWSPAPER
ENDORSEMENTS BARELY MEAN
ANYTHING ANYMORE AND FRANKLY THE
MATTER MORE TO DONORS THEN THEY
DO TO VOTERS.
TO THAT EXTENT, THIS HURTS BIDEN
THE MOST, WHO'S THE ONE THAT
NEEDS THE MOST FUND-RAISING.
ALSO HE'S THE ONE THAT NEEDS
PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT HE'S THE
CONSENSUS PICK.
I THINK IT'S A COP-OUT FOR THEM
TO HAVE CHOSEN TO CALL.
BACK IN THE DAY WHEN YOU GOT A
PHYSICAL PAPER, IT WAS A BIG
DEAL TO FIND OUT WHO THEY
ENDORSED BUT NOW WE KNOW HOW
EVERYONE FEELS.
THERE IS NO HIDING ANY ONE OF
THOSE INDIVIDUAL JOURNALISTS OR
THE EDITORIAL BOARD'S FEELINGS.
WE ARE HAVING IT RAMMED DOWN OUR
THROATS EVERY DAY ALL DAY AND
ALL FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND
THEIR OUTLETS.
IT'S NOT REALLY A SURPRISE IN
THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DAMAGING
BIDEN AND BERNIE.
WE HAVE KNOWN THAT ALL ALONG.
>> Greg: I THINK
"THE NEW YORK TIMES," LIMITED
LIZ WARREN IS A GIFTED
STORYTELLER.
>> Dana: I WROTE THAT RIGHT
HERE.
I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO
SEIZE ON IT.
>> Greg: I AM LETTING YOU
SEIZE ON IT.
>> Dana: THAT WAS INTERESTING.
YEAH, SHE HAS TOLD SOME STORIES.
THE PRESIDENT, IF SHE WERE THE
NOMINEE, WOULD CERTAINLY BE
RETELLING THE STORIES ON THE
TRAIL.
IT'S LIKE "TIME" MAGAZINE FOR
THE PERSON OF THE YEAR, THEY HAD
THE PROTESTER.
AND THEN IT RENDERS IT TOTALLY
MEANINGLESS.
I ALSO NOTED ONE OTHER THING I
THOUGHT WAS A GOOD COMPONENT FOR
PRESIDENT TRUMP IN THE
EDITORIAL.
HE WILL RUN ON THIS.
WHICH IS THEY SAID WARREN HAD A
HARD TIME ANSWERING HOW SHE
WOULD BE ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE
STUFF DONE WHEN IT WENT UP
AGAINST A CONSERVATIVE
JUDICIARY.
BECAUSE IT WAS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
I THINK HE'S OBVIOUSLY HAD A
HUGE IMPACT.
"NEW YORK TIMES" EDITORIAL PAGES
ASKING ABOUT THOSE THINGS.
I ALSO THINK IT WAS ABOUT
NOMINATING TO WOMEN.
I THINK OF KAMALA HARRIS WERE
STILL IN THE RACE, THEY WOULD'VE
CHOSEN THREE.
I TRULY BELIEVE THAT.
AND KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND.
PRETTY INSULTING OF
TULSI GABBARD.
>> Greg: I THINK IT'S ALSO THE
FACT THAT THEY DIDN'T JUST GIVE
IT TO LIZ MAY BE MEANT I HAD
SOME RESERVATIONS.
>> Dana: I THINK THE TIMING
WAS INTERESTING.
"THE NEW YORK TIMES" IS MORE
ABOUT BUILDING ITS OWN BRAND.
ITS OWN TV SHOW.
>> Greg: THAT'S HILARIOUS.
>> Dana: INSTEAD OF SATURDAY
提示:點選文章或是影片下面的字幕單字,可以直接快速翻譯喔!

載入中…

Gutfeld on the New York Times endorsements

16 分類 收藏
林宜悉 發佈於 2020 年 2 月 20 日
看更多推薦影片
  1. 1. 單字查詢

    在字幕上選取單字即可即時查詢單字喔!

  2. 2. 單句重複播放

    可重複聽取一句單句,加強聽力!

  3. 3. 使用快速鍵

    使用影片快速鍵,讓學習更有效率!

  4. 4. 關閉語言字幕

    進階版練習可關閉字幕純聽英文哦!

  5. 5. 內嵌播放器

    可以將英文字幕學習播放器內嵌到部落格等地方喔

  6. 6. 展開播放器

    可隱藏右方全文及字典欄位,觀看影片更舒適!

  1. 英文聽力測驗

    挑戰字幕英文聽力測驗!

  1. 點擊展開筆記本讓你看的更舒服

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔