A2 初級 33 分類 收藏
開始影片後,點擊或框選字幕可以立即查詢單字
字庫載入中…
回報字幕錯誤
HAVE BEEN LISTED AS POSSIBLE
WITNESSES.
>> Martha: JOINING ME NOW IS
NONRETURNABLE,
HARVEY WEINSTEIN'S ATTORNEY.
THE FIRST QUESTION A LOT OF
WOMEN HAVE FOR YOU IS HOW YOU
CAN DEFEND HARVEY WEINSTEIN?
>> MY ANSWER IS HOW CAN YOU NOT
WHEN YOU DO THE WORK THAT I DO,
YOU STAND UP AND DEFEND PEOPLE
WHO WERE CHARGED OF CRIMES
REGARDLESS OF RACE, GENDER, ANY
BIAS, RACE, RELIGION, DOESN'T
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO ME WHETHER
I'M A WOMAN AND HE'S A MAN OR
VICE VERSA.
>> Martha: YOU HAVE SAID
SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF YOU
THINK IT'LL BE HELPFUL FOR HIM
WHEN YOU ARE CROSS-EXAMINING
THAT YOU ARE A WOMAN.
WHY?
>> I THINK REALLY FOR ME WHAT
MAKES IT BETTER, TO BE A WOMAN
IN THE SITUATION.
OF COURSE, MY MALE,
COUNTERPARTS ARE JUST AS
COMPETENT.
THE EFFECT IS REALLY ON THE
LISTENER.
THE JUROR ON THIS CASE, THE
TRIER OF FACT LOOKS AT MY
INTERACTION WITH A FEMALE, I
THINK THEY WILL VIEW THAT
CONVERSATION A LITTLE BIT
DIFFERENTLY AND I THINK I MIGHT
BE ABLE TO ASK SOME QUESTIONS
THAT DON'T SEEM AS TOUGH IF THEY
COME FROM A WOMAN INSTEAD IF
THEY CAME FROM A MAN.
>> Martha: SAID SOMETHING
COMING TO THE EFFECT OF AN
CORRECT ME IF I'M PRAISING
SOMETHING CORRECTLY, IF YOU GO
TO A HOTEL ROOM TO TALK TO A MAN
WHO IS YOUR BOSS OR SOMEONE
YOU'RE WORKING WITH, YOU ARE
ESSENTIALLY MAKING YOURSELF
VULNERABLE TO THIS KIND OF
SITUATION.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
>> FIRST OF ALL, IN MY
CIRCUMSTANCES AND IN THIS CASE
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOTEL
MEETINGS THAT WENT
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INT
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INE
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INA
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INT
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INR
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INO
WENT HAPPENING AT10:00, 2:00 INN
PEERED HAPPENING AFTER PARTIES,
AFTER BEING IN BARS, HAVING
DRINKS.
THIS IS NOT SETTING UP A MEETING
AT 3:00 IN THE AFTERNOON AND
GOING TO THEM.
MY COMMENTS ARE REALLY ABOUT
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THIS CASE.
>> Martha: DO YOU THINK THESE
WOMEN PUT THEMSELVES IN THE
SITUATION AND FOR THAT REASON,
THEY ARE TO BLAME?
>> YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THIS
IN A GENERAL SENSE BECAUSE THE
JUDGE IS NOT ALLOWED TO TALK
ABOUT SPECIFIC WITNESSES IN THIS
CASE, BUT WHEN I DO THINK THAT A
WOMAN MAKES A CHOICE TO PUT
HERSELF IN A CIRCUMSTANCE, IT
DOESN'T MEAN THAT SHE DESERVES
WHAT HAPPENS IF SHE DOES
SOMETHING THAT'S NOT CONSENSUAL,
WE BELIEVE IN THESE
CIRCUMSTANCES THEY ARE AND
SENSUAL.
IF YOU ENTER INTO A CONSENSUAL
CIRCUMSTANCE AND LATER CHANGE
YOUR MIND, THAT'S WHERE THEY
ARE.
>> Martha: HAS HARVEY
WEINSTEIN CONVINCED YOU THAT HE
IS INNOCENT OF THESE TWO CASES
YOU ARE DOING FOR HIM?
>> ABSOLUTELY.
IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT HARVEY HAS
TO CONVINCE ME OF, IT'S ABOUT
WHAT THE EVIDENCE HAS CONVINCED
ME OF.
>> Martha: IF YOU WERE NOT
CONVINCED -- YOU SAY THAT
EVERYONE DESERVES A DEFENSE.
IF YOU WERE NOT CONVINCED HE WAS
INNOCENT, WOULD YOU STILL
REPRESENT HIM?
>> I ABSOLUTELY WOULD RESENT HIM
BECAUSE I BELIEVE EVERYBODY HAS
A RIGHT TO A DEFENSE.
IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE, I BELIEVE
THAT HARVEY WEINSTEIN IS NOT A
RAPIST AND HE DID NOT RAPE THE
TWO WOMEN ACCUSING HIM.
>> Martha: DO
>> Martha: AO
>> Martha: ARE YOU SAYING THAT
THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OR ARE
COMPLICIT IN THESE ATTACKS?
THAT'S THE DYNAMIC AND THEY KNEW
THEY WERE WALKING INTO?
>> NO.
IN MY CASE, IN THESE CASES,
THESE WOMEN HAVE HAD
RELATIONSHIP WITH HARVEY THAT
DID NOT START THE NIGHT THEY
WALKED INTO A HOTEL ROOM SO
THERE'S A LOT MORE IN THIS STORY
THAT I THINK MEETS THE EYE, AND
I THINK THE JURORS WILL BE
SURPRISED WHEN THEY HEAR THE
EVIDENCE, ESPECIALLY GIVEN ALL
THE MEDIA COVERAGE.
>> Martha: YOU TALK ABOUT
HOTEL ROOMS AND YOU CAN SPEAK
GENERALLY, THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING
RIGHT NOW.
WHAT ABOUT OFFICE SITUATIONS
QUICKLINK IN SOME OF THE CASES
WE'VE ALL READ ABOUT THAT PEOPLE
WALK INTO AN OFFICE AND SOMEBODY
IS TRYING TO KISS THEM OR
SOMEBODY IS DOING A LOT MORE
THAN THAT IN SOME OF THESE CASE?
AS A WOMAN ALSO PUTTING HERSELF
IN A VULNERABLE SITUATION
ALLOWING THE DOOR TO CLOSE?
>> ARE DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES
AND I THINK WHEN YOU WORK WITH
SOMEONE YOU'RE IN A DIFFERENT
SITUATION THAN IF YOU HAVE A
RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE.
THAT'S DIFFERENT THAN WORKING
WITH THEM AND I THINK IT'S ALSO
DIFFERENT WHEN YOU WANT TO WORK
FOR SOMEONE OR YOU WANT
SOMETHING THEY CAN OFFER YOU.
THIS IS NOT A SITUATION AT LEAST
IN THE CASE THAT I'M HANDLING
WHERE WE WERE WORKING IN AN
OFFICE WITH MR. WEINSTEIN.
THESE ARE WOMEN WHO HAVE HAD A
RELATIONSHIP WITH MR. WEINSTEIN.
>> Martha: YOU SAY IT'S
TRANSACTIONAL ON THEIR PART?
>> CORRECT.
>> Martha: AND A LOT OF PEOPLE
SAY BELIEVE ALL WOMEN.
DO YOU BELIEVE ANY WOMEN?
>> I BELIEVE WOMEN WHEN I
BELIEVE THE FACTS AND EVIDENCE
SUPPORT THEIR CASES BUT I THINK
IT'S DANGEROUS TO BELIEVE ALL
WOMEN WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE
BACK STORY, THE REST OF THE
EVIDENCE BIT I THINK WHAT THIS
CASE IS GOING TO SHOW US IS THAT
WOMEN MADE CLAIMS TO THE MEDIA
IN THIS CASE, BUT THEY TOLD ONLY
PART OF THE STORY.
THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CONFRONT
THEM WITH THE STORY THEY TOLD
AND THE OTHER FACTS THAT THEY
DECIDED TO LEAVE OUT WHICH I
THINK WILL BE VERY TELLING.
>> Martha: I THINK IT'S GOING
提示:點選文章或是影片下面的字幕單字,可以直接快速翻譯喔!

載入中…

EXCLUSIVE: Attorney Donna Rotunno on defending Harvey Weinstein

33 分類 收藏
林宜悉 發佈於 2020 年 2 月 10 日
看更多推薦影片
  1. 1. 單字查詢

    在字幕上選取單字即可即時查詢單字喔!

  2. 2. 單句重複播放

    可重複聽取一句單句,加強聽力!

  3. 3. 使用快速鍵

    使用影片快速鍵,讓學習更有效率!

  4. 4. 關閉語言字幕

    進階版練習可關閉字幕純聽英文哦!

  5. 5. 內嵌播放器

    可以將英文字幕學習播放器內嵌到部落格等地方喔

  6. 6. 展開播放器

    可隱藏右方全文及字典欄位,觀看影片更舒適!

  1. 英文聽力測驗

    挑戰字幕英文聽力測驗!

  1. 點擊展開筆記本讓你看的更舒服

  1. UrbanDictionary 俚語字典整合查詢。一般字典查詢不到你滿意的解譯,不妨使用「俚語字典」,或許會讓你有滿意的答案喔