字幕列表 影片播放 列印英文字幕 single malt blended, aged 12 years. Triple distilled cask strength. Irish Scott. When it comes to whiskey, it can be really hard to know what to order. What is the difference between a single mold, a blended and a bourbon to find out how Dega lovely to see. Oh, I've invited drinks experts. Jaeger. Wise to purpose. Do with me at the bar. Behold a dazzling array off whiskeys. How on earth do you tell the difference between them? Well, it could be quite complicated, even the type of grain that's used whereabouts. It's made the type of cask. All these differences will determine a difference in flavor and ultimately, a different whiskey. Well, let's get this lesson started. First up, what makes a single mold a single malt? Okay, well, a single part of a single mom means it comes from a single distillery on the mult means it has to be made with 100% malted barley, which it's like that. It's only way with that. No, not at all on, but they're actually strict laws that govern this next bourbon. Bourbon is a type of American whiskey traditionally associated with the state of Kentucky. What is the main characteristic off a bourbon. What makes a bourbon Oberman is it has to be made with at least 51% maze. How specific. 51% 51%. Just like the Irish whiskey that's going into our liqueur bourbons. Taste is influenced by the subtle, buttery flavors of maize. Probably thinking, What's the other 49%? Well, it could be a whole myriad of other grains. It could be barley can be wheat. Or it could just be more corn. Whiskey makers, a very strict, very specific people take their whiskey very, very seriously. Grain is just the start. How the alcohol is distilled is also crucial. This looks like a kind of cartoon character from a Children's animation. This is called a part still, which is made of copper and copper, helps to strip the impurities from the whiskey, the higher the surface area of copper, the whiskey. More impurities are removed. So if he still is taller, and then there's a higher surface area, which means you have a more lights more delicate, so the type of still can have as big an impact on taste as the type of grain. But whiskey makers have even more ways to play around with flavor. So we've tried a single malt. We've tried a bourbon, so this year is a blended OK, give it a go. Yeah. Okay. What is the word blended mean in this context, Branded with the Camino a mix of whiskeys from multiple different distilleries, you would tend to blend risk it to get a flavor profile. You particularly want it in the way that a painter might use different colors to get a very specific color. Yeah, exactly. Despite their complex differences, there is one simple thing a whiskeys have in common. They must be aged in oak casks. The's casks are often second hand and have had a previous life maturing. Other drinks like sherry, port and even wine. One of the things I have noticed is there seems to be a really emphasis on where the whiskey is made. Scotland, Ireland, Japan, America. Does that actually make a difference in the taste? It makes a huge difference, and that's largely because they will have different whiskey making traditions on the all of different geography as well. So things like the type of water will have a massive difference on the flavor of the finished product. So if you're a whiskey aficionado, you are going to notice a difference between a Japanese on a Scottish whisky? Yeah, absolutely. I might know. Give it.