A slang term used for police officers.
see also [pig],
the term "coppers" can be traced back tot he early 19th century in new york city when the first police force consisting of an 8 men unarmed patrol unit wore on their shirt an 8 point copper badge to distinguish themselves as officers of the law. as a result the general public started calling them coppers
goddamn yo, yesterday i got pulled over by the copper for driving without my headlights turned on
Term used by gangsters in the 20's and 30's for a police officer.
Meh, ya aint gonna get me copper, see.
term used for police officers in the 20's and 30's because of the copper buttons they used to have on their uniforms
Stop talkin like what copper.
You finna get a copper to the head.
A term used for spare or loose change.
Oi Bob, you got any coppers, I need to buy a pack of crisps.
1. A slang term used by gangsters in the 1920s/1930s to describe police officers
2. A metal used in coins, wires and pipes
3. a colour
4. A hair colour closely related to gingers
5. Slang for coins.
1. That copper will never catch us. He just eats [doughnuts].
2. Science Teacher: Copper is a good [conductor]...
3. Should this ground be painted in light copper or deep brown?
4. Kid: Your hair looks different. Its gone darker into a copper colour.
5. Hey mate do a have a few coppers on ya?